Between June 1 and September 30, gasoline-powered blowers are prohibited entirely in the Village of Winnetka. Violation of the ordinance is subject to a $100 fine per occurrence. These restrictions also apply to the use of electric leaf blowers plugged into portable gasoline generators. If you employ landscapers, please make sure that they are aware of Winnetka’s leaf blower ordinance.
Between October 1 and May 31, gasoline-powered blowers may not be used between 7 PM - 8 AM, Monday through Friday, or 6 PM - 9 AM on Saturday and Sunday.
The leaf blower restrictions do not apply to golf course lawn upkeep, employees of the Village performing road maintenance, or electric leaf blowers plugged into normal electrical outlets.
This year, the Village is taking an enhanced approach to restricting leaf blower use by asking landscaping companies to submit a voluntary pledge that they will comply with the ordinance. Companies that have taken the pledge to obey the gas-powered leaf blower ban are:
- Anthony Scopelliti Landscaping
- Bartlett Tree Experts
- Buss Landscape Co.
- Chalet Nursery
- Christy Webber Landscapes
- Countryside Industries
- Craig Bergmann Landscape Design
- Earth Developments, Inc.
- Green Concepts
- Greenwise Organic Lawn Care
- Hirsch Brick and Stone
- Hogan Urban Forest Products
- James Martin Associates, Inc.
- Kelly Landscape
- Kinnucan Tree and Landscape Co.
- Landarch Systems
- Lawn Care Plus Inc.
- Mariani Landscaping
- Midwest Arbor
- Montoya Tree Service
- Moore Landscapes
- Nature's Perspective Landscaping
- Page Landscaping
- Rocco Fiore
- Rosborough Partners, Inc.
- Schmechtig Landscapes
- Shelly's Landscape Contractors Inc.
- The Branch Office
- The Davey Tree Expert Company
- Vole Landscape Company
- Winkler's Tree and Landscaping
- Zimny Landscaping
To report a leaf blower ordinance violation, please dial 911.