The electronics recycling program has resumed at the Winnetka Public Works facility every Thursday from 1–3 PM. The Village will continue its other year-round recycling programs, which include recycling of items such as Styrofoam, CFL bulbs, handheld electronics, holiday lights and gym shoes. Please contact the Public Works Department at 847-716-3568 with any questions.
More on Recycling Programs
The Village of Winnetka offers a drop-off site for recycling of various items at its Public Works Department Lobby, located at 1390 Willow Road, Winnetka, Illinois, 60093. Items can be dropped off Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4 PM. The following items listed below can be dropped off for recycling:
Block Style Styrofoam
- No popcorn Styrofoam, plastic, or boxes.
- No foam insulation.
- No foam rubber or foam sheets.
Food Service Styrofoam
- Food service Styrofoam must be clean.
Used Athletic Shoes
- No metal, water, or mold is to be on the athletic shoes to be recycled.
- No flip flops, sandals, pumps, dress shoes, boots, or cleats.
Small Handheld Electronics
- No small handheld electronics with a motor.
- No plastic.
- The following items will not be accepted; microwaves, blenders, coffee makers, toasters/toaster ovens, lamps, and vacuums cleaners.
Compact Florescence Light Bulbs (“CFLS”)
- Halogen or incandescent bulbs are not accepted.
Holiday Lighting and Cords