The Village’s annual curbside leaf collection program will run from October 18 until December 4, 2021. Any leaves on the parkway after 7 AM on December 4 may not be collected. Residents may rake their leaves to the parkway just inside the edge of the curb for collection by the Village. Please do not rake leaves into the street, as they clog storm drains. Please do not place pumpkins or debris other than leaves for collection, as it will damage the leaf collecting equipment. Please avoid parking cars in front of leaf piles when Village crews are collecting leaves in your area.
Leaves collected are then hauled to Antioch, IL for composting, which the Village then receives back in early spring for residents to use as compost material. For more information, please contact the Public Works Department at 847-716-3568.
The order in which leaves are collected (in rotating order) is represented on the map below.
Anticipated Leaf Collection Schedule (Weather Depending)
- Monday, November 29, 2021 - Completed Zone 5
- Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - Begin Zone 6
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021 - Completed Zone 6
- Thursday, December 2, 2021 - Completed Zone 7
- Friday, December 3, 2021 - Completed Zone 8
- Saturday, December 4, 2021 - Begin Zone 1