The beginning of a new school year is a great time to review safety for cyclists, pedestrians and motorists.
Please remind children who bike to school of the following:
- Use sidewalks and be courteous when passing pedestrians. Walk bikes in business districts.
- Always wear helmets.
- Be aware of oncoming traffic when approaching intersections, and use marked crosswalks, when possible.
For people driving in the Village, especially around school zones:
- Travel at safe and slow speeds, as posted.
- Remain alert for children running onto the roadway.
- Do not use your mobile phone while driving.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our roads and sidewalks safe for our community.