The Village’s annual curbside leaf collection program will run from October 16 until December 4: December 4 is the last day to have leaves on the parkway to ensure collection. Any leaves placed out after that date may not be collected. Residents may rake their leaves to the parkway just inside the edge of the curb for collection by the Village. Please do not rake leaves into the street, as they clog storm drains. Please do not place pumpkins or debris other than leaves for collection, as it will damage the leaf collecting equipment. Please avoid parking cars in front of leaf piles when Village crews are collecting leaves in your area.
Leaves collected are then hauled to Antioch, IL for composting, which the Village then receives back in early spring for residents to use as compost material. For more information, please contact the Public Works Department at 847-716-3568.
Anticipated Leaf Collection Schedule:
- Monday, November 27: Complete Section 1. Depending on conditions, begin Section 2.
- Tuesday, November 28: Continue Section 2. Please note that the final day to place leaves at the curb will be Monday, December 4. A final round will commence at that time. Any leaves placed out after that date may not be collected.
- Wednesday, November 29: Continue Section 2.
- Thursday, November 30: Complete Section 2, begin Section 3.
- Friday, December 1: Complete Section 3. Begin Section 4. Work will continue on Saturday, December 2.
- Saturday, December 2: Complete Section 4. Begin Section 5.
- Monday, December 4: Complete Section 5. Begin Section 6.