The Winnetka Fire Prevention Bureau oversees the fire-related inspectional services for all new and existing commercial and multi-family residential structures.
The Bureau’s services include:
- Annual inspection of all business, commercial and multi-family residential structures
- Plan reviews of newly constructed and remodeled structures
- System compliance inspection and testing of installed fire protection systems (fire alarms, sprinkler/standpipes, and hood/duct suppression systems)
- Special event inspections for uses such as rummage sales, haunted houses, antique shows, etc.
- Code review and interpretation
- Citizen concerns/complaints related to public spaces
- Miscellaneous inspections for items such as carnival rides, firework displays, tents and hazardous material storage
Home safety inspections can be requested and are performed by Fire Department personnel. Residential inspections for new construction and remodels are performed by the Community Development Department. If you have any questions or want to request a home safety inspection, please email the Fire Department or call at 847-501-6029.