How do I apply for a handicapped placard (accessible parking)?

Any motor vehicle being used to transport a person who is disabled that displays a handicapped parking placard (issued either in Illinois or in another state) may use parking areas designated for disabled individuals. Drivers of these vehicles are exempt from ordinances imposing limitations on parking with the exception of paid permit zones. However, handicapped license plates and cards do not permit parking in areas where parking is prohibited. 

The Secretary of State’s Office issues handicapped license plates and temporary or permanent handicapped parking placards. Applications can be obtained by calling the New Trier Township Office at 847-446-8202. Motor vehicles parked in handicapped parking areas without handicapped identification may be subject to $250 fines.

Show All Answers

1. How can I appeal a parking ticket?
2. Should bicycles be registered with the police department?
3. What are the Village's regulations related to dogs?
4. Is overnight parking prohibited?
5. Does the Village issue parking passes for commuters?
6. What is the Village's parking policy for snow emergencies?
7. Are solicitors permitted in Winnetka?
8. What is the curfew for juveniles?
9. Where can motorized scooters be operated?
10. Where is skateboarding prohibited?
11. Can I use Pellet, Paintball, Air-soft, CO2 or BB guns in Winnetka?
12. Is it possible to schedule a tour of the police station?
13. Who is responsible for minors who consume alcohol?
14. Who do I contact for information about hosting a block party?
15. What can I do to ensure that my home/business is secure?
16. Does the police department offer a House Watch service?
17. How do I apply for a handicapped placard (accessible parking)?
18. Is there a registry for identifying members of the community with special needs?
19. What are the Village's services for individuals with special needs?
20. Does the Village provide social services?
21. Are taxi cabs required to be licensed in the Village?
22. How does the Village address wildlife?
23. How does the Village regulate firearms?
24. How do I subscribe to the Village’s emergency notification service?